carol's kitchen

Thursday, June 05, 2008

Reaction to Kamut

The following letter was sent to the editor of the WeHoNews, after the publication of my story: Potluck in La La Land, under the byline, Confessions of a Macroneurotic.

Dear Editor,

Re: Kamut Grains & Confessions Of A Macroneurotic: WeHo Potluck - Monday, June 2, 2008

From: Tara Blyth, Director of Public Relations, Kamut International, Great Falls, MT

Greetings, I stumbled upon your online news for West Hollywood and enjoyed it immensely (since I live in Montana, WeHo is like another world to me).

The following letter excerpt made me giggle… “Terracina is making a non-dairy (Clarissa's allergy), non-garlic (Aloysius's no-no), non-meat (Cornelius's thing), and non-wheat (Minerva's allergy) kamut pasta salad and chocolate covered strawberries.”

However, I do have an obligation to point out that the Kamut brand IS wheat. It is an ancient variety of wheat (originally from Egypt) that is grown in Montana and Canada.

I try (unsuccessfully most times) to explain that Kamut grain is wheat whenever I see/hear otherwise. So please let “Minerva” know that she is eating wheat.

Thanks for listening to my spiel.

Tara

The editor at WeHoNews was thrilled to find a reader in far away Montana, and I, dear readers, am happy she spelled my name right.

##

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home