carol's kitchen

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

attention all publishers!

I just read a prize-winning blog by a woman who has seven kids; she cooks fabulous meals, writes her recipes, takes pictures of the dishes, writes fine, easy prose, manages her website, has all the latest blog site bells & whistles; she shops, cleans, takes the kids to the doctor, does laundry... She’s also working on another degree, &, I assume, finds time to enjoy her dear husband’s amorous affections. Blog or no blog this woman deserves a prize. http://www.cookingwithanne.blogspot.com/

There are rumors about people who get publishing deals based on their blogs. I want a publishing deal. I’ve got a knockout 335 page memoir ready to go. Its title: The Princess from Flatbush. I’ve even got an agent, but he tells me memoirs are in bad repute now, no matter how sexy & scandalous; we’ll try again when that aversion dies down. But who can wait? I’ve got to live long enough.

I should learn how to promote my blog so some good publisher will find me, call me, offer me a deal. How do you do that? I only get hit when I beg my friends to read this stuff.

In case you’re reading this, dear publisher, I’ve also got another book ready to go called, Confessions of a Macroneurotic, filled with amusing essays on lifestyle & food, with healthy recipes, macrobiotic style, & photos too, shot by yours truly in her kitchen.

Come on; let’s go!!!!

Meanwhile, I boil water, chop onions, poach chicken…

My friend Marcelina says it’s the season for oxtail soup & proved it the other day when she brought a huge, steaming pot full of it to a potluck dinner. Her soup was out of this world; she cooked the tail for hours, boned it, removed all the fat & sinew, produced a rich broth & added an array of fresh vegetables, including leeks, celery, onions, carrots, mystery herbs & spices... all the good stuff.

I wish i had a picture of Marcelina's soup, but failing that here's a picture of another cold-weather item i made recently: baked apples, sprinkled with salt & stuffed with peanut butter. Here they are going into my oven.

How d'ya like them apples!

Baked apples & Marcelina's s fabulous oxtail soup are 2 good things I can say about the cold weather in Los Angeles, while I’m waiting for the phone call from a publisher.

~~~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home