carol's kitchen

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

sour grapes

Spoke to the chef; a very busy man who speaks perfect English. He apologized for the mistakes in the English version of his book; said he gave it to the publisher in French & they did the translation; no one had ever told him about this before. To my offer to send him corrections he said, please don’t bother, but then he gave me his email address in case I felt like bothering; said he’d pass the information on to the publisher. He seemed pressed for time; answered my questions politely but did not invite me for lunch.

I know what I’m missing but he does not.

Call this sour grapes if you like: among his rich, creamy vegetable recipes Chef Charial gives one for Confiture d’oignons (Onion Jam). And guess what? He pours sugar and grenadine syrup into it. So you see… it never would have worked out between us anyway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home