carol's kitchen

Friday, October 27, 2006

too good

WRITTEN ON OCTOBER 12th.

I discovered yesterday that I can’t zipper up my jeans. I’ve got to stop eating the delicious bread & pastry I find in the boulangeries-patisseries everywhere I go. Think of buttery light croissants & brioches, long crusty white loaves, rich dense whole-grain loaves, flaky, light-as-air tarts: smothered with onions & anchovies, filled with golden custard & ham, glazed apples, berries, nuts… Nowhere in the world do they make such great baked goods. How can I resist? And on top of that I can’t turn away from the wonderful produce, vegetables & fruits & fresh fish that appear before my eyes in the markets & shops. And the cheese! The butter! Those freshly laid eggs given to me not once but twice. My cooking has been truly inspired; my meals are feasts – with a good glass of red.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home