carol's kitchen

Wednesday, March 07, 2018

NO SOAP RADIO



 NO SOAP RADIO

Unable to attend the NPR forum at the Empress on Tuesday, I listened to it on the radio.  I called from the freeway but the connection was bad & I couldn't get on. I wanted to thank Michael Krasny for expressing surprise by the sea of white faces of the audience in the most diverse city in the country.  One doesn’t need to be there to know what he saw, and hope for better answers than: “everyone’s welcome,” and, “we’re open to everyone.”
I call B.S.  
That's not what's happening here, and our leaders should recognize it, speak its name, and do something about it. I wanted to tell the listeners of my favorite radio station how ashamed I feel to live in a segregated city. 

Moreover, what can we say about our Mayor Bob Sampayan, who read prepared answers & announced on the forum, for all the world to hear, that he didn't know the racial demographics of Vallejo, and perhaps worse, thought LHBQ was a race. What does this mean?  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home