carol's kitchen

Friday, April 28, 2017

MISERY



If you ever start thinking your somebody, I’ll tell you what: this city will bring you down.  Cut me down to size is what they did.  I was too sure of myself: imagined that after helping to write the policies and guideline for the newly created Arts & culture commission, after having stood before the City council talking about the need to add the commission to the new general plan, having spoken out and written about the importance of public art in Vallejo, after all that, the city council, in its infinite wisdom, failed to appoint me to a seat, however well  qualified I may be.  Not good enough, or perhaps I’ve been too outspoken.  I haven’t hidden my opinions about the art in Vallejo, my likes and dislikes, my thoughts about what sort of art we need adorning our city, to make us proud. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home