carol's kitchen

Wednesday, July 23, 2014

MORE MOVING PAINS

     I’m looking forward to the day when I can leave the moving-in project and venture outside my four walls, which I’ll do as soon as I unpack my clothes, which are strewn all over the bedroom  floor, waiting for shelves to appear.  That’ll be after the third week in August, I hope, when my carpenter returns from vacation in Alaska.  Ditto for the books stacked in piles on the guest bedroom floor, waiting for book cases.  I guess I won’t be receiving any guests for a while.
     Haven’t had time to visit Moschetti’s for Saturday morning coffee-tasting, and schmoozing with the groovy people I meet there.  But I do go regularly to the Saturday Farmer’s Market, and that world-class fish market in Seafood City.  Of course my kitchen is all unpacked and organized and put away; I do, above all, need a well-organized kitchen if I want to eat good, fresh food. 
    Did I mention it took three hours door to door last Sunday to visit my kids in San Francisco by ferry?    How was I supposed to know about the crowds going to the baseball game in the city, or figure out where to find the bus stops for the N,KH,or 1 once I got there?  Now that I know I’ll get there faster next time – two hours, if I’m lucky. 
     And yet, after all is said and done, I wish to say, as the great Piaf said before me, Non, je ne regrette rien, I regret nothing.  I’m glad I did what I did, and happy I moved to Vallejo.   Every few hours I remind myself I’m having fun, making new friends, learning new things, overcoming obstacles, and that I’m a very lucky lady to start a new life at this late stage of the game.  I believe that as soon as I get unpacked I’ll live a peaceful life again, reading and writing, swimming and  exercising, turning pages of the newspaper while drinking my coffee in the morning.  I just need to get some shelves and the floors redone, a couple of chairs for the dining room, furniture for the patio, a few green plants…. 
     I want to mention, also, that my memoir was published on the day I moved into my condo in Vallejo.  I didn’t plan it that way, but that’s how it happened, and now I’ve got no time to promote the darned thing, as I should.  So, I hope my editor won’t censor this shameless bit of self-promotion and allow me say to the readers of VIB, please buy my book.  It’s on Amazon Kindle books.  Someone told me the IPad has a kindle reader.  The title is FLATBUSH PRINCESS.  You could also go to my website: flatbushprincess.com.  It’s only $2.99  - a bargain, and I need more reviews, and a few bucks.  Please tell your friends if you liked it, and please write a review.  Thank you.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home