carol's kitchen

Friday, March 14, 2014

IT'S A WRAP




     The more I tell people how sad I am to leave Los Angeles, the more I realize it’s not true.  I’m so ready for a new life.  Twenty-seven years in L. A., Hollywood, to be more precise, beats out everywhere I’ve ever lived in my life.   I’ve always been on the move – Brooklyn, Manhattan, Munich, Geneva, Munich again, Geneva again, New York City, Mexico, Los Angeles, not to mention extended stays in India, Indonesia, Italy, London, and the South of France, all of which came to feel like home at one time. 
     What do I know about the Napa River? Wine country? Or, the infamous City of Vallejo? which fascinates me for many reasons.  Nothing, is the answer, but all the better.  It's another chance to reinvent myself.  What will I be like in Vallejo?  Which friends will I meet for dinner?  Where will we dine?  What will I wear now that I’m leaving the land of 24 hour fitness clothing, jeans and t-shirts?  When I live in Vallejo, will I want to wear the pretty clothes that fill my closets, gathering dust and providing food for moths, because I never wear them anymore?
     San Francisco is right there; museums and symphony.  I could become a commuter, I think, if it’s not every day.  The ferry is so appealing. 
     At this moment I'm leaning toward, "it's a wrap," let's get on with it, time to go, full speed ahead, an exciting new adventure is about to begin...  like when we first met.  Remember?
    Very breezy at my condo in Vallejo.  Maybe too much.  And it's on a noisy corner with rush-hour traffic.  But it's a block from the ferry, a short walk to downtown, and so far, I've met some nice people who live in the complex.
     A new way of life is coming.
.  on with the show!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home