carol's kitchen

Thursday, March 17, 2011

JAPAN

Why don't they send robots into the nuclear plants to do the work?

My friends in Japan are all o.k., last I heard, but some have dropped out of communication & I can only think, for those who live in Tokyo, they've gone somewhere else. I pray they're safe.

Since the tragedy occurred a few days ago I promised myself I will never complain about traffic again.

It's unbearable to think about the hardships the survivors are enduring, the loss of their loved-ones, above all, but also the cold & lack of food & water & shelter. How many grandmas had to run out of the house and leave their eye-drops behind? I know that's just a small detail compared to more important things people had to leave behind when they ran for their lives, but since I just had eye surgery, and the eye drops are helping me heal, it comes to my mind. I wonder about mothers giving birth to babies in the freezing mud, and little children who've lost their parents.

This nightmare is impossible to bear. I lie in my soft, warm bed & watch the news and wonder about what is life... and how meaningless we are in the face of natural disaster, and, even worse, man-made disasters.

I think we must turn to the sun & moon & ocean & wind for our energy. That nuclear shit brings nothing but destruction in the end.

And what's going on in Libya also breaks my heart.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home